London, United Kingdom
1 in 2 people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Today, Colorectal Cancer (CRC) is the second most common cause of cancer related deaths in the UK. However, if it is diagnosed early, the treatment is simple and effective, with high survival rates. Odin Vision’s mission is to improve early detection and diagnosis of cancer in gastroenterology through artificial intelligence.
Our award-winning technology has been developed in collaboration with scientific experts at University College London and with world renowned clinical opinion leaders at University College London Hospital. We believe Odin Vision’s technology is set to revolutionize clinical practice and we are looking for passionate people to join our team.
As a Junior Research Scientist at Odin Vision, you will help to design, implement, and validate new machine learning frameworks. You will work alongside our talented team of researchers and engineers to develop prototype and clinical software. You will collaborate with academics, industrial researchers and clinical experts in short development sprints. You must be able to work well in a multi-disciplinary team and have strong communication and organization skills. You should have a solid understanding of basic machine learning principles and be familiar with state-of-the-art deep learning techniques. You should be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have a passion for technology, healthcare and improving the lives of others. Due to current circumstances, remote work is possible.
- Responsible for implementing, developing, testing, optimizing and validating machine learning frameworks for image and video data
- Tasks include image segmentation, object detection, classification, video/temporal machine learning
- Generate reports, documenting your work and results
- Large scale data analysis and engineering
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team and in a lean/agile development environment
- MSc or PhD in Machine Learning, Medical Imaging, Computer Vision, Computer Science or any other relevant field
- Experience of developing and delivering deep learning image focused projects
- Experience with deep learning tool kits (Pytorch, Keras, TensorFlow)
- Knowledge of machine learning methods such as CNN, RNN, Generative networks, Explainability/interpretability, meta learning, unsupervised learning, anomaly detection
- Programming experience: Python, C++
- Experience in medical imaging or working with video data is a bonus