As a software engineering intern at Odin Vision, you will be supporting the design and development of a suite of real-time image processing tools to help doctors improve the detection and diagnosis of cancer. This includes the integration of machine/deep learning-based solutions into clinical software, the development of internal tools for handling videos and implementing cloud back end systems. You will work alongside our talented team of researchers and engineers and collaborate with clinical experts and end users.
You must be able to work well in a multi-disciplinary team and have strong communication skills. You should be familiar with state-of-the-art technology and software development methodologies and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You should have a passion for technology, healthcare and improving the lives of others. Due to current circumstances, the internship can be completed remotely.
1 in 2 people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Today, Colorectal Cancer (CRC) is the second most common cause of cancer related deaths in the UK. However, if it is diagnosed early, the treatment is simple and effective, with high survival rates. Odin Vision’s mission is to improve early detection and diagnosis of cancer in gastroenterology through artificial intelligence.
Our award-winning technology has been developed in collaboration with scientific experts at University College London and with world renowned clinical opinion leaders at University College London Hospital. We believe Odin Vision’s technology is set to revolutionize clinical practice and we are looking for passionate people to join our team.
- Support the integration of machine/deep learning solutions into internal and external products
- Support the development of tools for streaming, storing and processing large video and image datasets
- Maintain deployed internal and external products
- Develop interfaces for machine learning back ends and support cloud platform deployment
- Support the management of product development cycles, CI/CD pipelines
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Work in a lean/agile development environment
- Enrolled in or graduated from a computer science, software engineering or related degree program
- Hands on experience with using Python and Django (or other MVC framework)
- Experience working with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure) and Kubernetes is a plus
- Knowledge of machine learning, computer vision or medical imaging toolkits/libraries is a bonus